Santa Barbara County Bar Foundation
Founded in 1999, the Santa Barbara County Bar Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt, non-profit charitable foundation established to help secure justice and protection of legal rights. With the donations the Foundation receives, scholarships and grants are able to be awarded to programs and organizations that align with the Foundation’s mission.
The Mission of the Santa Barbara County Bar Foundation is:
- To advance the knowledge of and appreciation of the law among the general public.
- To support the efforts of the courts and public entities of Santa Barbara County, California, to improve the system of justice.
- To support the legal education efforts of the Bar Associations of Santa Barbara County.
- To support the Santa Barbara County Law Library.
- To help secure, for benevolent and charitable purposes, justice and protection of the legal rights of all, including the poor and other persons who are in need of effective representation and advice.
Officers and Directors 2022
- President: Barbara Carroll
- Vice President: Guneet Kaur
- Treasurer/CFO: Marisol Alarcon
- Secretary: Jill Monthei
Past Recipients SB County Bar Foundation Grants
- Santa Barbary County Legal Aid Foundation – Legal Resource Center Project
- Court Appointed Special Advocates for Children (CASA)
- Local high school mock trial programs
- Santa Barbara and Ventura Colleges of Law
- Santa Barbara Law Library
- Santa Barbara Superior Court
- Santa Barbara Teen Court
- Sexual Assault Response Team (SART)
- Immigrant Hope
- California Rural Legal Assistance in support of their NoMas program
- The Finishing Line scholarship was created in 2017 and is offered to third and fourth year Santa Barbara and Ventura Colleges of Law students to help support their final year with much needed resources to complete their education.
- Diversity and Inclusion scholarship was created in 2022, a jointly administered scholarship by the Santa Barbara County Bar Association and the Santa Barbara County Bar Foundation to award annual scholarships to (i) diverse undergraduate students with access to commercial LSAT preparation programs and funds to cover their LSAT registration fees; and (ii) diverse law school graduates with access to commercial bar exam preparation courses and funds to cover their bar registration fees and living expenses while they study for the California bar exam.
Legal Community Appreciation Award
The Legal Community Appreciation Award is an annual award that was established in 2016 to honor a legal professional in our community who has provided outstanding contributions to the local legal system either through achievements of professional excellence or volunteer service.
Past recipients of this Award are:
- 2016 – Marilyn Metzner
- 2017 – Betty L. Jeppesen
- 2018 – Tara Haaland-Ford
- 2019 – Ron K. Perry
- 2020 – Vance Saukko (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JXE9ZDcnSg)
- 2021 – Bobby Baksh
Race for Justice, a 5K race and 5K fun run hosted by the Santa Barbara County Bar Foundation. Proceeds from the event will support the charitable activities of the foundation.
Santa Barbara County Bar Foundation
Post Office Box 21523
Santa Barbara, CA 93121-1523
Donations are tax deductible. Please mail donations to address above or e-mail us for more information on how to make a donation.
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SBCBF
The Santa Barbara County Bar Foundation is a separate organization. It is an autonomous nonprofit that focuses on philanthropy.
- 2024 Bench & Bar Conference December 5, 2023
- SBCBA ADR Section Presents: “The Magic of Mediation” November 28, 2023
- SBCBA In-House Counsel & Corporate Law and Intellectual Property Sections Present: “Basics of Entertainment Law and Licensing” November 28, 2023
- SBCBA Attorney Wellness Section Presents: “Significant New Changes to MCLE Requirements & Exploring What Fosters Lawyer Well-Being and Success” November 28, 2023
phone (805) 569-5511
fax (805) 569-2888