Entries by Admin

Applying for U.S. Citizenship [Immigration, Part 1]

[This post is part one of two blogs on frequently asked immigration questions]


I am a permanent US resident – how do I apply for US citizenship?


If you have been a permanent resident (green card holder) for at least 5 years, you may be eligible to apply for naturalization.

You must meet the following requirements:
– be at least 18 years oldm

– have lived within the USCIS district with jurisdiction over your place of residence for at least 3 months prior to the application filing,

What is a small estate affidavit?

A small estate affidavit can be used after a family member or spouse has passed away to speed up the process of estate resolution. If someone has passed away without a will or trust, and the estate is a small one, a small estate affidavit may come into play. An affidavit can also be used if you were named the executor of a “small estate.”


What is an eviction?

Sometimes landlord-tenant relations can be complicated, especially when talking about something like evictions, known legally as unlawful detainers. Here’s some general information that may provide some clarification:


In the state of California, a landlord may evict a tenant if they:

1.    Fail to pay the rent on time;

2.    Break the rental agreement and will not fix the problem (i.e. having pets when no pets are allowed);

3.    Damage property and thereby lower the property value;